Salmon fishing, shooting/stalking and golf in Scotland and other country pursuits are a huge attraction in the Perthshire and surrounding area and we at No 9 The Guest House Perth are well placed to offer comfortable accommodation to cater for pursuit of all of these in comfort.
Our proximity to St Andrews and Gleneagles makes golf a huge attraction in the area. There are also excellent golf courses in the city and surrounding area such as Kingsbarns, Craigie Golf Course, Pitlochry Golf Course, Whitemoss. Taymouth Castle at Kenmore.
Scotland is renowned for the iconic red squirrel and where better than Perthshire to sight them in their natural habitat. Perth and Kinross Red Squirrel Group (PKRSG) is working very hard as a group of volunteers to ensure their survival (click on the link to their website to the right to find out more about how to support their work and campaigns). In the meantime enjoy red squirrels at:-
Clunie House and Gardens, Strathtay, Aberfeldy; Blair Gardens Highland Perthshire; Knock of Crieff Wood Crieff; Kinnoull Wood Perth.
Other activities in the area include:
- Walking, hillwalking, rambling, mountaineering
- Trout Fishing on the River Tay and other rivers
- Rough Shooting and Stalking
- Off road and 4 x 4 driving
- Clay Pigeon shooting
- Horseriding and Pony Trekking
- Flying at Scone Aerodrome
- Historic Scotland
- Clan Trails
- Shopping at House of Bruar, Johnston of Elgin, Perth, Edinburgh, St Andrews
- Gardens such as Branklyn Gardens, Clunie Gardens, Scone Palace and Gróunds
- National Trust Houses, Castles and Palaces
- Historic Scotland Properties
- Perth Theatre and Perth Concert Hall (Horsecross)
- Scone Palace – don’t miss out on the 50th Anniversary offer on discounted unlimited entrance tó the palace and gardens. Enquire at the ticket desk on arri val.